Hey all! I’m absolutely flabbergasted and so pleased that you enjoyed the post on the Yoshida Brothers! I’ve often told my co-workers how the most rewarding part of my job as an English-language teacher in Japan is being a cultural bridge for my students, but it’s not often that I get to be one in the opposite direction as well! Thank you so much for responding so positively and for the WordPress team for selecting MadSilence for Freshly Pressed. The comments included interesting links I’ve listed here:
LadyRuby found a re-make of a Nightmare Before Christmas track by the Yoshida Brothers:
OneRetweet links to AutoTune to the News:
Also, in today’s awesome news, we’ve been selected to receive the Kreative Blogger Award by the lovely Elaine over at Latefruit!
There are 5 things you have to do when you receive this award – so let’s give it a go!
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award. Thank you so much Elaine! I hadn’t stumbled across her blog before, and I’m glad she came forward so I could! Elaine writes very positive and inspiring entries about aging and art, which I think is terribly important in our youth-centric society. She helps us remember that aging is not just about the failures of health and beauty that TV and drug companies like to remind us of, but a time of wisdom and enrichment of the soul that’s more important than an unlined face or un-experienced heart.
- Copy the logo to your blog (that’s it, no link or anything) Done! And a very cute logo it is!
- Link to the person who nominated you for this award. Done! LateFruit is now featured in the Blogroll as well as this post.
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. 1) MS the Younger has a serious Lois McMaster Bujold obsession. If any of you like SF or just good lit, please please go and read some Bujold, especially the Vorkosigan series! 2) MS the O&W used to write for AntiqueWeek on glassware and other collectibles. 3) MS the Younger refuses to eat natto. Ever. No matter how long she lives in Japan. 4) MS the O&A had been known to wear lederhosen in his younger days. Hooray for German club! 5) MS the younger has been known to wear medieval clothing and attend the occasional SCA event. 6) MS the O&A has an amazing singing voice. 7) MS the Younger and MS O&W have the same face! It’s scary how much we look like each other!
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
MadDad recommends the following:
I discovered Six Orange Carrots last year, a WordPress blog dedicated by Beth to “my very small chicken named Pocket. And the very silly things I fall in love with on eBay. And to ongoing adventures in home improvement, gardening and making things myself.”
Garden History Girl encourages the reader to take seriously the study of garden history. “…gardens were–are–so much more than just a pretty place. So much more than just a collection of plants.” Arcady’s blog “include[s] recent garden history…spaces and objects of interest now, as well as what is past. No generation has a lock on what is beautiful or innovative, so the best understanding, the best design, the most satisfying garden places, have something of both past and present, now and then.”
The Younger Suggests:
Foodie At Fifteen (now 17), a wonderful blog by a boy with love for food after my own heart. I love reading about his adventures in the restaurant business and making food with professional techniques I’ve never heard of!
WiseCraft who creates super-cool crafts from thrift-store finds…
Argot, full of crafting, cats, food and fun!
Last but not least, New Dress a Day.
One person’s trash is becoming my treasure this year. 365 days. 365 items of clothing. 365 dollars. And the blogging begins…
Need I say any more? Surfing in each day to see what sexy, stylish outfit Marisa has cobbled out of a few vintage buttons, ripped-out shoulders and muu-muus has become a daily obsession!
~The MS Team